Welcome to 2024! As we embark on a new year, our resolution is to shift our attention to the remarkable sustainability initiatives happening within the hospitality industry. In the current climate, sustainability has become increasingly crucial, benefiting not only the planet but also businesses themselves.
To kick-start this focus, we’re bringing you a compilation of past episodes centered around sustainability and adaptive reuse. In this compilation, we feature conversations with past guests who are true experts in the field of sustainability and at transforming old buildings into vibrant, renewed spaces. Join us as we explore innovative solutions and inspiring stories in our quest for a more sustainable future.
In this episode you’ll hear from Founder and CEO of MindClick: JoAnna Abrams, Partner at Dutch East Design: Dieter Cartwright, President at Becker + Becker Associates: Bruce Becker, and Chief Development Officer at NuovoRE: Heather Ciszczon.
- The importance of measuring and recognizing the impact of sustainability is increasing in the marketplace. Financial institutions are leading the way by committing to carbon neutrality in lending and embracing measurement practices for a sustainable future.
- Making the decision to disconnect from fossil fuels and prioritize sustainable qualifications, such as Passive House and Net Zero, are crucial steps towards achieving a high level of performance and sustainability in building projects.
- Despite brands making pledges to reduce fossil fuel emissions, emissions in full-service hotels have been increasing. This disconnect between intentions and actions calls for more integrated efforts in the hospitality industry to achieve sustainable practices.
- Historic tax credits play a vital role in preserving and adapting old buildings for revitalization, but navigating the requirements and preferences of review programs can be challenging.
Connect with JoAnna
Connect with Dieter
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/dieter-cartwright-assoc-aia-ba859318/
- Website: https://www.dutcheastdesign.com/
Connect with Bruce
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/bruce-redman-becker-383b34152/
- Website: https://www.beckerandbecker.com/
Connect with Heather
Ways to Tune In:
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/0A2XOJvb6mGqEPYJ5bilPX
- Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/defining-hospitality-podcast/id1573596386
- Google Podcasts: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZGVmaW5pbmdob3NwaXRhbGl0eS5saXZlL2ZlZWQueG1s
- Amazon Music: https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/8c904932-90fa-41c3-813e-1cb8f3c42419