The Little Moments Are The Most Precious - Will Guidara - Episode # 077
Today’s guest has been immersed in the hospitality industry since the age of 13. Will Guidara is the author of many books, including a new one called “Unreasonable Hospitality”. Will has been trained in the dining rooms of Tribeca Grill, Spago, and Tabla and opened the restaurants at the Museum of Modern Art. Will joins the host Dan Ryan to discuss his journey through hospitality and what it all means to him.
- Having board games along with fine dining provides an experience that makes the guest feel comfortable and at home. It reminds them of home-cooked meals and time with family and friends.
- Will has always had a passion for creating spaces where people can get together and enjoy being around friends and family. This is part of what led him to be in the hospitality industry.
- America used to be a manufacturing economy but now 65% of our GDP is driven by the service industry. This means we have shifted the focus of our economy to be in the service industry and provide people with memorable experiences of hospitality.
- The culture of your company is a living, breathing tangible thing. It’s not just part of a checklist; if you don’t live by the cultures of your company, then the culture will die.
- The best way to talk about hospitality is to compare it to service. Service is bringing the right plate to the right person on time but hospitality is how you make them feel when you bring them their food.
- Your values transcend everything. If you bring your values to the front and make them a core part of who you are, then those values will drive you and help you succeed.
- Don’t be afraid to look at yourself and tell yourself that you can handle anything that comes your way.
Quote of the Show:
9:24 “It has always brought me joy to create spaces where people can come together.”
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/will-guidara-b64952243/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/wguidara/?hl=en
- Book Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B13W5GPT/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i0
- Welcome Conference: https://www.thewelcomeconference.com/
1:36 The Nomad
05:47 Simon Sinek
25:39 James Corden
25:51 Keith McNally
36:09 Rookie Smarts by Liz Wiseman
Eleven Madison Park
Ways to Tune In:
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/0A2XOJvb6mGqEPYJ5bilPX
- Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/defining-hospitality-podcast/id1573596386
- Google Podcasts: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZGVmaW5pbmdob3NwaXRhbGl0eS5saXZlL2ZlZWQueG1s
- Amazon Music: https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/8c904932-90fa-41c3-813e-1cb8f3c42419
- Podbean: https://www.defininghospitality.live/
- YouTube : https://youtu.be/o2-7Ko4_P9w
Creators and Guests
Podcast Producer for Defining Hospitality.