Impacting Others Through Conferences - Harry Javer - Episode # 069
Today’s guest plays an extraordinary role in the hospitality industry. He is the founder and producer of The Lodging Conference, one of the world’s premier events for hotel owners and hospitality executives. Harry Javer is the President of the Conference Bureau. Harry joins the host Dan Ryan to share his journey through this beautiful industry and what it all means to him.
- The Lodging Conference was designed to be a hospitality industry event that goes on forever, not just a one-time event that gets put to the side because of different trends.
- A conference owner and a hotel owner actually have a lot in common, but the main commonality is that they both want their guests to leave happy.
- In order to have a successful conference, you need to be well-rounded and have a natural sense of curiosity.
- The lodging conference industry is a very resilient industry that has always bounced back from difficult times.
- When you are planning a conference, you want to have a plan B just in case things don’t go right or the exact way you were planning them.
- One way to stay inspired is to have a great team around you. They will help you come up with new and fresh ideas.
- Some conferences can have a massive impact on how people do business or interact with others. The Lodging Conference has impacted hundreds of lives for the better.
Quote of the Show:
14:18 “Running a conference is not much different than running a hotel. We basically want the same thing. We want our guests to leave happy.”
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/harryjaver/
- Website: http://www.conferencebureau.com/
- The Lodging Congress: https://bit.ly/3RzVAyg
5:34 Tommy Trojan
8:45 Tony Robbins
8:53 Bernie Seigel
9:18 Barbara Sher
21:59 Forest Gump
33:18 Bruce Springfield
37:22 Robert Kiyosaki
37:32 Mark Cuban
37:41 Al Gore
37:43 Donald Trump
37:47 Magic Johnson
Ways to Tune In:
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/0A2XOJvb6mGqEPYJ5bilPX
- Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/defining-hospitality-podcast/id1573596386
- Google Podcasts: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZGVmaW5pbmdob3NwaXRhbGl0eS5saXZlL2ZlZWQueG1s
- Amazon Music: https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/8c904932-90fa-41c3-813e-1cb8f3c42419
- Podbean: https://www.defininghospitality.live/
- Youtube : https://youtu.be/Q-u0AYBb3FY
Defining Hospitality is produced by Ringmaster, on a mission to create connections through B2B podcasts. Learn more at https://ringmaster.com/