Today’s guest has worked on big and small projects, from multimillion-dollar resorts to small home renovations and everything in between. Geoffrey Cramer is the Partner at Murphy Cramer Design. Geoffrey is passionate about creating distinctive architecture and interiors for private and corporate clients. He joins the host Dan Ryan to share his journey through hospitality and what it all means to him.
- At the end of the day, you have to be willing to take a chance on yourself and know that you will find the solution to whatever problem you face.
- Don’t be in a place where you think you have the answer to a conversation. Build up the courage to ask a question and don’t be afraid to hear the answer.
- It’s better to take your time on a design project and push the deadline out further to show something beautiful rather than force everyone to meet tight deadlines and turn in an average-looking design.
- The work that is done on a project is just as important as the content. You always want to put all your effort into every design project and make it a welcoming space.
- When it comes to hospitality, it is all about providing strangers and guests with a sense of comfort and a warm, friendly, and welcoming environment.
- You want to slowly shift your focus as new opportunities arise. This will allow you to be more adept in different areas and hone new skills.
- In the hospitality industry, you want to try and predict your guest's needs ahead of time and anticipate what they might want in a certain situation and have that ready for them.
Quote of the Show:
19:05 “Really it's being or providing strangers or guests, kind of this comfortable, warm, friendly, welcoming sort of experience.”
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/geoffreycramer
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/geoffreycramer/
- Website: https://www.mcdesign.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/murphycramerdesign/?hl=en
2:58 Morgan Brody
4:29 Pat Murphy
4:30 Susan Seifert
5:44 Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl
8:26 Helen Jorgenson
8:28 Venus Williams
12:01 Larry Traxler
24:49 The Blind Side by Michael Lewis
Ways to Tune In:
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/0A2XOJvb6mGqEPYJ5bilPX
- Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/defining-hospitality-podcast/id1573596386
- Google Podcasts: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZGVmaW5pbmdob3NwaXRhbGl0eS5saXZlL2ZlZWQueG1s
- Amazon Music: https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/8c904932-90fa-41c3-813e-1cb8f3c42419
- Podbean: https://www.defininghospitality.live/
- YouTube: https://youtu.be/l40KPcrf4NM